Fight monsters and explore a medieval world. Aveyond is packed with more than 60 quests, hundreds of places to explore, and over 30 hours of game play. If you like games like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, and Dragon Warrior, you are going to love Aveyond.
A powerful deity, Ahriman, has opened the Demon Portal and dark creatures now threaten the great isles. You must stop the destruction and destroy Ahriman before it is too late. The Sword of Shadows is the key to your redemption. You must find it in the mystical isle of Aveyond and use it to seal the Demon Portal and stop Ahriman.(Also available for Windows and Mac)
Category: Aveyond, RPG
Publisher: Aveyond Studios, RadialApps
Linux (Ubuntu 12.04+, Fedora etc.)
RAM: 1GB recommended
Hard Disk Space: 100MB
Discuss this game in the forum
- Download the demo here.
- Place the downloaded file in your home directory. To make sure that the game supports all systems, we have created an install-free package.
- Right click the file and select "Extract Here".
- If you don't see such an option, you may alternatively go to the terminal and run:
- This will extract the contents of the package.
- Go to the directory and run the file "aveyond" by double clicking on it and choosing Run.
- If you cannot run the file, right click it and click properties. Check Allow executing file. Repeat this step for the files "engine-x86" and "engine-amd64" Alternatively, you may go to the directory in terminal and run the following command:
tar -xvf aveyond1demo.tar
chmod 777 aveyond engine*and then use
./aveyondto run the game.
Enjoy the game!
How to run the game?
Aveyond for Linux is completely DRM-free. Once you buy the game, you will be provided with a tar.gz file just like the demo. Follow the same instructions to run the game!
Please try out the trial demo before buying to be sure that your system supports the game.